- New York State of HealthThe Salvation Army’s Navigator/New York State of Health outreach program won’t be at Maxwell, but you can still reach out to them for help with health insurance questions.
- Maxwell Memorial Library: 2023 Community SurveyWe want to hear your thoughts!
- Interested in Serving on the Board?The Maxwell Board is looking for people interested in serving on the board.
- Dedicate a Maxwell Memorial Library BookplateWe are offering the perfect gift to honor your loved ones: With a donation of just $35, a bookplate inscribed with your honoree’s name will be placed inside a book in Maxwell Memorial Library’s collection.
What Maxwell Offers
Maxwell Memorial Library serves the Town of Camillus on the western side of Onondaga County. Founded in 1918, Maxwell is housed on the corner of Genesee and Leroy streets in the village of Camillus. Our building was built circa-1868 and was formerly a church . We offer a wide variety of contemporary materials, programs and services, including:
- An in-depth collection of best-selling books in print, audio and digital formats
- Popular DVDs and streaming movies
- Children’s materials, computers, story times, and creative activities
- Free public computer and wi-fi access
- Print periodicals
- Extensive research materials online and in print
- Informative, educational and entertaining programs for adults, teens and children
The library offers opportunities to become involved with book clubs, preschool and toddler story times, volunteer service, and an active Friends group that supports the library through regular fundraising events. Maxwell also has an excellent summer reading program for babies through teens, with the ever-popular Wild Wednesday family nights. Nearly all activities, programs, and services are free (some programs have a fee to cover supplies).
Maxwell Library’s “digital branch” offers patrons downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, movies and music. On site, you can use computers and tablets, check out ereaders and Chromebooks to take home, and make appointments with tech-savvy staff to help you use your electronic devices.
Mischievous Memories is the transcript of a series of 14 hour-long interviews Lee Goetcheus conducted with Tino Martin between September 2012 and May 2014. It’s both an oral history of the West Hill area of Camillus and a memoir by a talented storyteller.
The book can be borrowed from Maxwell’s Local History collection, but we also have a number of copies for sale at $10 each.
Image from: Sweet, Homer D.L. Sweet’s new atlas of Onondaga Co., New York. New York: Walker Bros. & Co., 1874.
License: Public Domain