- Creating ideal passwords: Part 2, Creating good-enough passwordsLast week I looked at some of the characteristics of good passwords and a list of traditional criteria for them.
This week I’ll look at an alternative view.
- Creating ideal passwords: Part 1, BasicsToday I’ll discuss the nitty-gritty of secure passwords: password length, the character set to use, and strings not to use
- Computer security seriesThis post introduces a series of posts on computer and internet safety and privacy.
- Zoom fatigueI summarize some recent research on the causes of Zoom fatigue and how to measure it.
- Tech Program: Dealing with Zoom audioIf you’ve ever had 2 (or more) devices in a Zoom meeting that were located in the same room, you’ve experienced feedback. Here are some ways to take care of that.
- Tech Program:
Goin’ to meetin’ — Joining (and leaving) a Zoom meetingHow to join a Zoom meeting, whether the link in your invitation works or not. And how to leave.
- Tech program:
Installing ZoomToday’s post is a video on installing Zoom and dealing with the security settings that requires.
- What is fanfiction and why should I care?Fan fiction is stories written by fans of a work/author/… that is set in a universe established by the work/author/… or that makes use of characters or settings from the original(s). It is usually written by amateurs, but there may be reasons to consider reading some of it.
- What Should I Read Next?:
Using the NoveList DatabaseWant some help finding books or authors you haven’t yet read but that you might enjoy? NoveList is one tool you could use to help accomplish that.
- Evaluating Online InformationHow can you tell trustworthy web sites from those that spread disinformation or that produce satire that tacks so close to reality that it’s easy to mistake it for serious reporting?
Tech Classes and Blog Posts
Maxwell’s tech classes and longer tech posts