MAXWELL MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library
- email the Friends at: email@example.com
- 'Like' us on facebook.
- Check out the antique card catalog at the library for Friends' news and info.
Saturday, May 18 at 9:00 am - 12:00 noon.
Pick up your orders at the Village Hall in the Village of Camillus.
Monday, May 20 at 1:00 pm in the Community Room
- Garage Sale, date for this year's sale is Sat., June 1.
We'll be accepting donations beginning Thursday, May 11.
Save the Date:
Saturday, May 11 - Last day to order Geraniums
Monday, May 20 at 1:00 pm. - Meeting in the Community Room
Saturday, May 18 - Geranium Sale Pickup Day at the Village Hall (new location)
Saturday, June 1 - Friends' Garage Sale in Orchard Village
At Our April 15, 2013 Meeting:
The Friends worked out the details for the Geranium Sale.
We still have a few spots left on Saturday, May 18 for Friends to help hand out orders.
An email will be sent out shortly.
At Our March 18, 2013 Meeting:
Patricia Butler, Mayor of the Village of Camillus was our guest speaker.
Mayor Butler spoke about the structure of village government, the plans for the former Camillus Cutlery, and general improvements throughout the village. It was a great 'meeting'!
At Our February 19, 2013 Meeting:
- The Friends approved donating to OCPL's Trivia Contest, and funding 'Take Your Legislator to Lunch'.
- Review of the Chocolate Friends-y Raffle.
- Discussed the Geranium Sale and Garage Sale
At Our January 22, 2013 Meeting:
- The Friends' approved the financial report for the year ending December 31.
Details are below.
- Nominations were made, and officers were elected for the year 2013.
- We announced a new perk for all Friends: Whenever we have a raffle, each Friend will have one FREE ticket entered. This will be done by the person in charge of the raffle. Friends won't have to do it themselves. It's another way we can say "Thank you for being a Friend". This was voted on by the Executive Commitee.
- Our calendar of events for the year was outlined. See below for details.
- The Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library began in 1993 under the leadership of Betty and Jean. They have worked tirelessly to promote the library, and to support it through many special events and fund raising activities. After seventeen years of dedicated service, they passed the torch to Joyce, Sharon, and ML.
- The Friends group was granted a certificate of incorporation by the Board of Regents of the New York State Education Department on June 8, 1998.
- The Friends group was designated a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service in May, 2011, enabling donors to take income tax deductions for their donations to the Friends.
Pick up the geraniums you ordered on Saturday, May 18 from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon.
NOTE: We have a new pickup place this year - the Village Hall right in the heart of Camillus. There's plenty of parking in the rear of the building.
Red White Deep Rose
'SU' Orange - Sold Out Violet (magenta with a red eye)
Creates public support for the library.
Sponsors programs and fund raising events.
Purchases special items for the library not included in the budget.
Meets about once a month to plan and work on upcoming events.
We'd love to have you join us!
Brochures and membership forms are available by the front door at the library.
Fundraising and Special Events for 2013*
Chocolate Friends-y Raffle - February
Raffle for two tickets to a Rosamond Gifford Author Lecture with Lisa See - March
Annual Garage Sale - June 1, 2013
Mile Long Yard Sales in the Village - May 18, 2013.
Geranium Sale in the Spring - April / May
Annual Picnic for Friends - Monday, July 15
Open House - a Saturday in October, for everyone
Bulb Sale - October
Themed Baskets for Raffle
*Subject to change
Thanks, Joan! Check out the Friends' Info Center on the card catalog.
You'll find membership brochures, and details of upcoming events.
We have a winner! Joyce F. had the winning ticket, and there were a LOT of tickets.
The drawing was last night (Feb. 13) at the library at 6:00 pm.
It was one of our best raffles. We'll do it again next year, for sure.
Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket.
Friends, whose dues are up to date, had one free ticket entered in this raffle.
Students and Seniors - $10.00
Individual - $15.00
Family - $25.00
Business - $50.00
Forever Friend - $200.00 (one time)
Please make checks out to:
Friends of Maxwell Library
Dues are tax deductible. Checks payable to: Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library
Please pick up a brochure at our display by the front door.
Leave your completed form at the Main Desk, or mail it to:
Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library, 14 Genesese St., Camillus, NY 13031
Thank you for your support!
Monetary Donations to Maxwell Library
$580.00 Large Print Mystery Books - several titles a month for 12 months
$282.00 BookPage - monthly book news and reviews - free for patrons
$219. 89 Book Cart - the blue one!
$87.00 Holiday Decorations - outside wreath, inside poinsettias
$ 133.26 Label Maker for processing new items for library's collection
$ 21.00 Paper supplies for Board sponsored Holiday Party
$1000.00 Summer Reading Program special events - Family
$ 60.00 Cork Bulletin Boards for Children / Teen area
$ 46.98 Magic School Bus DVD set - Children
$2430.13 Total Monetary Donations to Maxwell,
January 1 - December 31, 2012
Income from Fundraisers and Membership Dues
$395.00 Membership Dues
$1058.00 Geranium Sale - April/May
$135.00 Gold Party
$ 96.00 Win Win Raffle - ($100 gift card each to Wegmans and Walmart)
$519.20 Garage Sale - 1st Sat. in June
$229.00 Bulb Sale - Daffodils, Scilla, Paperwhites
$ 50.00 Silent Auction Teddy Bear Wreath
$2654.70 Total Income, January 1 - December 31, 2012
$235.00 Liability Insurance
$224.00 T-shirts for Friends - purchased approx. every 5 years - free to Friends
$ 10.00 Friends' Rubber Stamp
$469.00 Total Friends' Expenses, January 1 - December 31, 2012
The Friends held their first bulb sale this year, offering the bulbs pictured below.
The last day to purchase bulbs was October 27.
Thank you for your support!
King Alfred, Goblet and Scilla
The Garage Sale was a huge success, and it didn't rain.
Thank you for your donations!
Copyright 2012 Maxwell Memorial Library.
All rights reserved.
Created Sept. 30, 2003
Updated May 17, 2013