Friday, January 13
1:30 to 4:30 PM
Digital Literacy is a program of LiteracyCNY that teaches adults ages 16 and older basic computer skills. The program is provided for free on a drop-in basis at Maxwell every Friday between 1:30 and 4:30 PM.
A trained volunteer will assist individuals with operating devices, navigating the internet, and using software. You decide what you need help with!
- Use a desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Upload a document to email or a USB drive
- Work on Google Docs, Microsoft Word
- Create a resume or cover letter
- Search for jobs / complete job applications
- Access online resources
- Find a bus route
- Locate community agencies or services
- Set up a profile / complete online forms
- Connect to friends and family
- Create and access an email account
- Open a savings or checking account
- Submit healthcare forms / access a patient portal
- Obtain school information / apply for student loans
- Recover a password
- And more!