Celebrating our 28th Year
We’d Love to Have You Join Us!
Being a member of the Friends of Maxwell is a great way to support the library. The group supports the Library by sponsoring library programs, holding fundraising events, and by being an advocate for the Library. The group is also involved with community outreach programs:
- The Bulk Loan program at a local senior apartment community,
- The Memorial Day Parade Meet and Greet with free giveaways,
- Donate a decorated wreath and tree to the Octagon House Holiday Open House, and
- Onondaga Free Library’s Festival of Trees.
Anticipated Meetings for 2021
First Tuesday of the month at 1:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 5 — Annual Meeting (online)
- Tuesday, February 16 — Meet online
- Tuesday, March 2 — Meet online
- Tuesday, April 6 — Meet online
- Tuesday, May 4 — Meet online
- Tuesday, June 1
- July — No meeting
- Tuesday, August 3 — Maxwell Library Community Room
- Tuesday, September 7 — Location TBA
- Tuesday, October 5 — Location TBA
- Tuesday, November 2 — Location TBA
- December — No meeting
Friends Bulb Sale!
When the bulbs arrive, we’ll announce the date and place for you to purchase your selections. No pre-orders. Quantities are limited!
Thank you for supporting the Friends of Maxwell Library.
This year’s selections are:
|Goblet Daffodil||Yellow trumpet/white petals||1 doz.||$20.00|
|Blue Scilla||6″ tall, deep blue flowers||½ doz.||$10.00|
|Crocus||Lavender collection or golden yellow||20 bulbs||$15.00|
|Darwin hybrid tulips||Red Parade or Gold Parade||1 doz.||$15.00|
|Oriental hyacinth||Blue Jacket or Yellowstone||½ doz.||$15.00|
|Snowdrops||First sign of spring!||½ doz.||$12.00|
Anticipated Events in Addition to Meetings
- February: Chocolate Friendsy Raffle, Oscar Contest for Patrons, Valentine bouquet to library staff
- March: Pot O’ Gold 50-50 Raffle
- April/May: Geranium Sale, planting flowers and flags, Memorial Day Parade
- June: Junior Friends Garage Sale
- July: Picnic for Friends
- August: Junior Friends Event
- September: Bulb Sale
- October: 50-50 Raffle during National Friends of Libraries Week
- December: Decorate Maxwell for the Holidays
Free Book Giveaways several times a year
Annual Membership Dues Donations
- $10.00 — Students and seniors
- $15.00 — Individual
- $25.00 — Family
- $200.00 — Forever Friend
Membership forms are available at the library. Mail them in, or drop your completed form off at the Main Desk.
Please make checks out to: Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library
The Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library is an incorporated 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Certificate of Merit — 2019
The Friends are pleased to be the recipient of a 2019 Daniel W. Casey Advocacy Certificate of Merit by the Friends section of the New York Library Association (NYLA).
This honor has been given “in recognition of the Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library for their exceptionally active and creative service to a library in a smaller community.”
Annual Geranium Sale
The Friends of Maxwell Memorial Library are excited to announce their 17th Geranium Sale!
These beautiful summer flowers come in 4.5 inch pots and are available in five colors: red, white, magenta, white-to-rose, and salmon splash. Prices are: $5 each, $20 for six, or $35 for a dozen. Order forms are available at the library, and to download on Maxwell Library’s website under the Friends page.
Please mail your completed order form and check made out to Friends of Maxwell Library (please do not send cash) to
Friends of Maxwell
℅ John Rohner
162 Forrest Way
Camillus, NY 13031
All orders must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 7, 2021. Flowers may be picked up on Saturday, May 15, 2021 between 9 a.m. and noon at the Camillus Village Hall. Ample free parking is located behind the building; social distancing and masks are required.