Here’s the news you’ve been waiting for!
Maxwell Library will reopen for visits (by appointment only) on
Monday, August 17, 2020 at 10 AM!
It has been a long five months since we closed our doors back in March. Even though our two months of curbside service have worked well, we know our patrons want to come past the vestibule and back into their library. And we are looking forward to seeing you, too.
We know you will have many questions about what your library visits will look like at this phase of reopening. We’ve prepared a list of questions and answers in anticipation, so sit down, grab a refreshing drink, and read on:
Opening Q & A
Is the library open?
- As of Monday, August 17th, the library will be open normal operating hours by appointment only. We will still be offering curbside services.
Am I required to wear a mask?
- Yes. In the State of New York, facial coverings (over your mouth and nose) are mandated. Masks must be worn at all times, even for curbside pickup.
- If you need ADA accommodations, please call 315-672-3661 or email email@example.com before you come to the library.
|Monday – Thursday||10 AM – 8 PM|
|Friday||10 AM – 5 PM|
|Saturday||10 AM – 3 PM|
- Closed September 5 through 7 (Saturday through Monday) for Labor Day
How do I make an appointment?
- Call the library at 315-672-3661 during regular hours. Appointments left on our answering machine, email, or Facebook page will not be honored. You must speak with a staff member.
- Please be patient if the line is busy. We only have one line, so please call back or leave us a message and we will return your call.
- Appointments can be made every hour on the hour, for a maximum of 45 minutes. This minimizes the number of people in the building at any one time, which is a New York State requirement. It also gives the staff time to clean between appointments, for everyone’s protection.
- If you are not feeling well, please call to reschedule your appointment.
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- If you are late for your scheduled appointment, please be aware that each appointment ends at 45 minutes past the hour. You will not receive your full time in that case.
What can I expect when the library reopens?
- Expect that staff will be wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as a mask, face shields, and gloves per CDC guidelines.
- Expect the circulation desk to have Plexiglas shields.
- Expect that there may be wait times to use computers or to browse materials because of limits on the number of people allowed in the library at a given time.
- Expect that hand sanitizer will be provided upon entering the library.
- Expect time limits on using the computer and browsing materials (a maximum of 45 minutes per patron per day).
- Expect to follow social distancing guidelines (that is, stay six feet apart from others).
- Expect furniture and toys, including the children’s computer, to be removed or covered for sanitation purposes.
- Expect staff to clean and sanitize often.
What precautions will be in place to minimize risk of contamination?
All accepted COVID protocols will be followed, including:
- Social distancing
- Staff will undergo health and temperature checks prior to each shift
- Limited access to common items such as toys, pens, pencils, and pamphlets
- Frequent surface cleaning
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance and at key locations throughout the building
- The public restroom will be open for hand washing
- Paper toilet seat covers and a contactless soap dispenser have been installed in the public restroom
- An Aerus Air Scrubber, designed to reduce airborne contaminants, has been installed in our new HVAC system
Am I allowed to use the computers?
- Yes. However, social distancing guidelines will be implemented.
- Computer sessions will be limited to a 45-minute time limit per person, per day, by appointment only.
Will the library still be providing programs?
- Yes! We have switched our programming to Zoom, Facebook, and YouTube videos until further notice. You can find Miss Sally and Ms. Melissa doing story times on our Facebook page. Check our e-newsletter and online calendar for Zoom and other programs.
- We are also offering make and take crafts for adults, children, and teens.
Can I check out books and materials?
- Yes! You can browse materials for check-out. Curbside services are still being offered.
- When materials are returned, they will be quarantined a minimum of 4 business days before being checked in. If they were returned by the due date, no fines will accrue.
- Please return all materials in the outside drop box.
How will I know that my reserved items are ready for pickup?
- Automatic notifications are back on, so you will receive an email, text, or phone notification just like before. Please make sure your contact information is up to date.
- For curbside pickup, please call us at 315-672-3661 during normal business hours so we can arrange a day and time with you. We’ll check your items out on your account and leave them on the vestibule pickup cart.
- If you would like to browse and pick up your reserved items, please call us to make an appointment.
Can I reserve a meeting room?
- We are unable to provide meeting room reservations and usage during this time.
How long am I allowed to stay inside the library?
- Patrons will be limited to a maximum of 45 minutes for any library services, including computer use.
Are you still offering curbside pickup?
- Yes. Please call 315-672-3661 to schedule a time.
- We can also provide printing services for pickup. Check for details on our website soon.
Will I be able to use the bathroom or the drinking fountain?
- The public restroom will be open, and cleaned nightly. The drinking fountain will not be available.
May I bring in snacks or drinks?
- No food or drink is allowed in the library.
May I read your magazines and newspapers?
- All magazines, even current issues, will be available for checkout, or may be read here. Newspapers may be read here. We ask you to use the provided hand sanitizer before handling the periodicals.