The Food Pantry at St. Joseph’s Church in Camillus serves families in zip codes 13031, 13112, and 13164. These are our neighbors, and they need our help.
Maxwell Memorial Library in Camillus is partnering with St. Joseph’s to stock the Food Pantry shelves in preparation for winter and the holiday season. It is becoming increasingly difficult to obtain all foods needed from the Food Bank of CNY to supply the families who rely on our local pantry. You can help by donating some of the most needed foods and other items so no one has to go without.
Throughout November, Maxwell will serve as a drop-off location for non-perishable items. We will collect the supplies and bring them to St. Joseph’s. A list of suggested donations is available at the library, and can also be downloaded to your smartphone here. Here is some general information to help with your shopping and giving:
- Please do not leave items outside the library. You must bring them inside during our regular hours.
- Check for expiration dates. The pantry cannot distribute anything post-expiration.
- Packages must be unopened.
- Giant jars of peanut butter may sound like a good idea, but please donate regular size items, not super-sized.
- We can only accept non-perishable items, so no fresh produce, dairy, meat, or anything requiring refrigeration or freezing.
- If you choose to donate a gift card or a monetary gift, please do not put it in our collection bin. Please give it to one of the library staff so we can keep it safe for St. Joseph’s.
Please be generous. Thank you for caring and for your support of our neighbors!
Last updated on November 20th, 2023 at 01:55 pm