LinkedIn acquired Lynda.com, so patrons who were using the Lynda.com app will need to download the free LinkedIn Learning app and set it up. Here are the instructions (taken from OCPL’s databases page).
- Before using the app, set up your account online using a web browser (you’ll need your library card’s barcode and PIN)
- Download the free LinkedIn Learning app onto your mobile device from the appropriate place (The App Store for iOS/Google Play for Android)
- When you open the app, choose Sign In, even if you have never used Lynda.com or LinkedIn Learning
- Leave the email box blank and click on blue text Sign in with your library card
- The app will take you to a page that asks for your library’s ID. Enter onondagacounty in the text box at the end of the address.
- You’ll then be asked for your library card barcode number and PIN
LinkedIn Learning is an extensive collection of award-winning online courses and video tutorials to help you learn business, technical and creative skills. Achieve your personal and professional goals. Courses are taught by recognized industry experts. Learn what you want, when you want, from our entire library. Build custom playlists to organize courses you want to watch. Watch courses on your computer, tablet, or mobile device. Switch back and forth without ever losing your place.